In rapid succession, XOOPS has released 2.4.0, 2.4.1 and 2.4.2. Versions 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 are bug-fix releases of 2.4.0
XOOPS 2.4.x series is the LAST version of XOOPS tested on and supporting PHP4. The next releases will be tested and certified exclusively on PHP5. It is also the last version series to support MySQL versions below 5.0.
Some of the highlights of the XOOPS 2.4.x series:
- WCAG 2.0 - Sight Impaired Assisted Forms
- support for new WYSIWYG Editors: CKEditor, wymeditor, Xinha, and Spaw2
- profile and pm modules improved
- A Themeable Admininstration area and a new theme for the admin area
- improved Installer
- Security fixes
- new mechanism to modularize and extend Core via Preloads
- central support for jQuery
- Support to PHP 5.3
- code refactoring and improvements
There are detailed instructions to follow if you are using earlier versions of the xoopseditors - be sure to read and follow them. Please remember: If you're installing it over previous installation, make a BACKUP of your files and database first! Also note that some hacks done for previous XOOPS versions might not work with this release: testing before installing is always a good practice.