ImpressCMS 1.1 has been released as a final, stable release and the list of new features is rather impressive!
Some of the features introduced in this version of ImpressCMS have been on the community's wish list for a long time -
- Built-in content creator and manager
- Integration of OpenID as an authentication method for user logins
- WYSIWYG editor available throughout the site without having to hack the core or modules
- Increased security options for encrypting user passwords
- Built-in support for RTL (right-to-left) languages
- Password strength meter
- CAPTCHA built-in and used for system comments and registration forms
- and many more features...
You can download ImpressCMS v1.1 from the ImpressCMS SourceForge repository and is provided as a complete installation package and as an upgrade package, for users coming from an earlier version of ImpressCMS or XOOPS.
ImpressCMS was recently a finalist in the 2008 SourceForge Community Choice awards and won 3rd place in Packt Publishing's Most Promising Open Source CMS.
- PHP: 5.1+
- MySQL: MySQL server 4.1.0+ - With UTF-8 Support
- Web server: Any server supporting the required PHP version (Apache highly recommended)
- Special characters require UTF-8 support from hosting providers.
- 16MB PHP Memory