Providing resources for people with a passion for Christ and the web
Welcome!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Help with Xoops
Just popping in
Group:
Confirmands
First, I want to in advance thank anyone for their help. I am feeling very desperate and wont share my whole entire story.

I have been working on this website since last year. When I was ready to give up, someone told me about xoops and offered to install for me. I got it installed and learned from watching Utube videos how to install modules and so on. I got the whole site up. I worked all day yesterday and everything was working perfect.

The challenge was... I could not get the email in the system to work. I thought maybe it was because I had not changed over the DNS servers yet from the old site to the new one. So today I was going to put all content in the site and switch over the servers then work on the email issue. Because of the email issue, no one could register because no one is getting register emails, and myself as the webmaster was not getting emails either.

So today I woke up, I took the day off work to get the content done. And logged onto the temporary site to work on it. And could not get in as webmaster.

Then I realized there was a few other modules that I did not add showing up on the left block. Also all the blocks I had set up were now not there. So looks like someone was in my site? Not sure if that is possible but what else could I think?

All my work was gone, and now I can not even log into my site? I have tried everything to get in as webmaster. But cant get in. I emailed the guy who installed for me, but he volunteered because of my situation, and now I think I am bugging him.

Any idea how to get in as webmaster? I read the other post who had the same situation? How did they fix it?

I know I should not put an email on a forum, but would love any help and desperate... please email me if you can help, and I would love to help promote you and give you future business, or partner on other projects if you can help with xoops.

Thanks so much. The site is YourRealEstateClub.com and the temporary site is http://Yourreale.sc101.info. Thanks again in advance for anyone who can help.

Liz

Workwithliz@gmail.com

Posted on: 2008/6/20 1:53
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

Re: Help with Xoops
Webmaster
Group:
System Administrator
Site Maintainers
Confirmands
Hey, Liz, welcome to the forums! Sorry about your troubles - let's see what we can do to help.

First - do you have access to the database on your temporary site through your host's control panel (cpanel, plesk, vdeck, or something similar)? You will need to gain access from your host provider, if you don't.

Second - do you have FTP access to the temporary site? You'll need that, too.

A few things you will want to be sure get done for your hosting account - disable anonymous FTP access and remove the anonymous user from MySQL, if it hasn't already been removed. Having additional modules show up that you didn't add is a sign someone with server access has been helping themselves to your site.

Once you have access to the database, you can contact me with the information and I will see what I can do.

By the way - what you have looks like a mix of XOOPS and ImpressCMS, a new fork of XOOPS.

Posted on: 2008/6/20 8:36

Re: Help with Xoops
Webmaster
Group:
System Administrator
Site Maintainers
Confirmands
I visited your site today and it looks like you have things sorted out - good luck with the rest. Let us know how things go.

Posted on: 2008/6/21 7:59

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]