|[Social Media Overview :: This page]|
|Tags: search local Google|
Year started: 2011
Active users: 540 million
Identities: Personal Profiles, Business Pages
Relationships: Followers, Circles, Communities
Activities: Status Update, Plus 1 (+1), Comment, Share
Media: Text, links, photos, videos
The basic identity on Google+, a profile is intended to be a person and having one allows you to participate in the Google+ social network, create pages for businesses, places, organizations, and also create and participate in Communities (interest groups and discussions). If you do not already have a Google+ profile, you can create one by signing up.
- First name, Last name
- Username (create along with a Gmail account, or use an existing email)
- Gender (male, female, other)
- (optional) Mobile phone
- Location (country)
Personal Information - you can elect what shows and who sees it (only you, specific people, people in your circles, extended circles, public)
- Basic - name, gender, birthday (select which portion to share), relationships, names
- Story - tagline, introduction, bragging rights
- Work - occupation, skills, employment
- Education - schools, dates, areas of study
- Contact Information
- Links - other Google properties, other social profiles, authorship. This where your profile starts to gets interesting, in terms of other web content!
Pages are to businesses and organizations what profiles are to people.
Posts on Google+ have their own URI, can be shared, plussed (+1'd), and have comments. They are searchable and can also show up in general search results on Google. This gives them a longevity not seen on most other social networks.
Last modified on 2014/4/3 by Steve