Is it Time to Update Your Website?
Did you know that….
There is a $100 return for every dollar that your company invests in your website’s user experience. – Forrester
75% of user judgment about your business’s credibility is based on your website’s design. – University of Surrey
It takes about 50 milliseconds for users to form an opinion about your website that determines whether they like your site or not, whether they’ll stay or leave.
Judgments on website credibility are 75% based on a website’s overall aesthetics. Invisionapp
A study of Fortune 500 websites showed that 63% have content above the fold. 50% have a scrolling content, 63% use high-quality images that engage the users and their average site load time is 6.5 seconds. Red
39% of site guests will stop engaging with a website if the images won’t load or take too long to load. Adobe
It might seem impossible to believe, but 2018 will soon be finished and 2019 will be rolling in. And, with that in mind, it is helpful to start thinking now about what you want for your business in the year ahead. Whatever your company goals, there’s a good chance updating your website can go a long way into helping you achieve your goals.
If you have never updated your website, or perhaps can’t recall the last time you did, then now may be the time to make some changes. Statistics above notwithstanding, here several other reasons for a website redesign or update.
- If it has been more than 4 years since your last site update, then it is time for change. Why? because an outdated website may cause site guests to think your company is as well, so they will seek services from a company that looks more current.
- Your customers don’t want to sort through excessive amounts of material to find information. If your site is cumbersome to load, or difficult to find information on, then they will leave.
- Is your website responsive? If your website is not accessible on any mobile device, then you are missing out on business.
- SEO is a must for your website being found on the Web. Search Engine Optimization improves every area of your website as it is a behind the scenes part of graphics, coding, as well as the content. If you have changed your company focus, or just want to boost your web presence, updating your website’s SEO is a good place to start.
- Videos and images are some of the top ways to engage site guests and help them retain the information you are sharing. Having a visually appealing website will communicate better with your guests than static graphics and poorly crafted text.
If you have been debating as to whether or not to update your website, then perhaps the information above may convince you that now is the time to get your business website up to date. This will mean taking time to assess what needs to be done and hiring a team of excellent website designers, but fortunately, the web designers at Page Progressive serving Raleigh keep up with the cutting of website trends and development. We have the skill needed to take your existing website and give it a bold, fresh new look. Give us a call today to get your website design ready for the year ahead.