Marketing Tips to Boost 2018 Holiday Revenue
It might be hard to believe, but Christmas is but 10 weeks away. Consequently, now is the time to step up your marketing plan – after all, a recent survey found that 35.5% of shoppers will begin their holiday shopping before Thanksgiving. So, if you have not yet begun a marketing campaign, then now is the time to do so.
Of course, as you begin your 2018 marketing plan, there are a variety of things to keep in mind. The following tips are from WooCommerce, Entrepreneur, and other reliable web sources.
10 Marketing Tips for Your 2018 Holiday Campaign
- Set Goals. Determine what you wish to accomplish and make a plan for how to achieve it. Think about any promotions, sales and showcase items and consider how and when you are going to get the word out.
- Be sure your website is connected to MailChimp and use it to automatically and easily send out information about your services and products. You can also use MailChimp to send out notifications of abandoned carts, orders and a variety of other product follow up related actions.
- Take advantage of social media sites – especially Facebook and Instagram- to boost awareness of your company. Consider having people, within your team or previous customers, write reviews and include pictures that show off why a consumer needs what you have to offer.
- When posting on social media platforms, be sure to take advantage of holiday hashtags such as #Christmas, #HolidaySpirit, #HolidayGift #JollyHolliday #TisTheSeason and others.
- Network with influencers. Consider sending sample items to industry bloggers. In most cases they will happily give you free publicity.
- Create a video that shows off what you have to offer, or perhaps gives a sneak peak of the behind the scenes at the office. Post it on all your social media sites, link to it in a newsletter, and look for any other ways you can show off your product.
- Give back to a charity. Let your consumer base know that you will be giving a portion to a non-profit organization. This not only boosts sales, but also makes for a nice end of year write off for your company.
- Pay attention to what is working for you. If something isn’t being effective, step back and try something new. Conversely, if something is working well take a closer look and see if you can capitalize even more on it.
- Try something new. Remember the definition of insanity is ‘doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result’. If what you tried before did not work, look for a new approach.
- Dress up your social platforms with holiday inspired colors and elements. Most people can’t wait to decorate their home for the holidays. “Decorating” your social platforms with holiday elements helps get people in the shopping mood – plus it is an easy social media post as any changes to a profile picture or cover counts as a post!
Plan now for your 2018 Christmas marketing campaign. If you have questions or need help implementing any of these action items, be sure to contact the team at Page Progressive. We are here to help.