Welcome!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Welcome to Christian XOOPS Resources
Webmaster
Group:
System Administrator
Site Maintainers
Confirmands
Hello, everyone - I'm Steve (skenow at XOOPS, XOOPSinfo and XOOPSwiki) and I've started this site as a resource for the Christian web masters out there that use XOOPS for their church or ministry web sites.

I have been using XOOPS since 2004 for a family web site, our church web site and our business web site. Now, I have opened this site to gather the things I have learned and provide a place where you can share what you have learned, too.

I hope that you will find encouragement, information and a few good tips here.

Posted on: 2007/11/25 13:51
"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

New Member: Steve McAtee - ChurchLedger.com
Just popping in
Group:
Confirmands

Hello Steve, I like what you are doing here. I am the site owner for ChurchLedger.com.

Our Sourceforge project is located here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/osc/.

ChurchLedger has been operating since 1999. In 2004 we switched to open source for our church membership program. In 2006 we switched to Xoops and integrated our church management program to Xoops. And last but not least we migrated to ImpressCMS in 2008.

We are one of the few open source ChurchManagement and Church Website CMS packages that is open source based. I love what you are doing here. I think the link of resources and a forum to openly discuss open source is great.

Have you had any churches using the Xoops DMS module to control document flow within a church? I have one church I know that is using it.

Posted on: 2008/11/16 21:44

Re: New Member: Steve McAtee - ChurchLedger.com
Webmaster
Group:
System Administrator
Site Maintainers
Confirmands

Hi, Steve - welcome to the forums! Another voice is always appreciated.

I have not run across anyone using DMS to manage their documents. I think HelpXOOPS did while it was around. Personally, I would favor a wiki instead. If I recall correctly, with DMS only 1 person can have a document checked out for revision and the others must wait their turn. With a wiki, the document is always available and the revisions are tracked. It depends on your situation and requirements, I guess.

Posted on: 2008/11/16 23:39
"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Re: Welcome to Christian XOOPS Resources
Just popping in
From Texas
Group:
Confirmands

Hello Brother Steve. I really appreciate what you have done here. I need it! I have been given the task of rebuilding/ re-establishing our church web site and honestly I know very little about it. I can't even get basic html right.

Our church is small and in a small country town so having something to offer for content in a site for us is a little thin. I have spent the past several weeks looking at/ trying out various CMS packages, so far I am not too thrilled at what I have discovered. All offer all this great ease of use for the novice but are not really much better than free css templates. i.e. concrete 5.

I use a free unlimited Christian host you should ad to your site, Witnesstoday.org unlimited band width etc. Paul Hester does a great service for no charge. That alone makes me WANT to donate!

Your articles are every insightful. Perhaps the Lord led me here? hmmm...

God Bless, we will be praying por your ministry.

BroKen1

Posted on: 2011/7/31 5:04

Re: Welcome to Christian XOOPS Resources
Just popping in
Group:
Confirmands
@Broken1...Thanks for the info on Witness Today.

Posted on: 2012/5/22 12:04

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]