Welcome!

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

What are the plans for this site?
Just popping in
From Quebec, Canada
Group:
Confirmands
Hello Steve,

I would be interested in knowing what the plans are for this site. I am looking for a site where I can share my questions and then the answers I find to them in a context where I can benefit for the occasional advice from other Christian Webmasters.

Why "Christian" webmasters, not simply "webmasters"? Of course there are issues common to all webmasters. But it would be nice to have a place where we could also have a godly perspective. So I would like to know what is ahead of us at CWR.

Thank you

Posted on: 2014/12/21 0:19

Re: What are the plans for this site?
Webmaster
Group:
System Administrator
Site Maintainers
Confirmands
I've been on this journey for quite some time and I have seen some very bustling communities centered around faith and technology dwindle for various reasons. I mentioned several influential Christian communities and forums in a blog post about a year ago. Several challenges exist for a community such as this - creating awareness, building momentum, and sustaining interest.

Then, along comes the rise of Twitter and Facebook - platforms where discussions are more fluid and less structured. I find those effective for quick exchanges, but they have little lasting value as a repository of learning for others. Facebook groups are somewhat better, but a lack of searchability is the major limitation.

For the foreseeable future, Christian Web Resources will be here for people to come and visit, stay a while, and learn and share.

This is probably suitable for a blog post and an updated About Us page.

Why 'Christian' and not just webmasters? As you noted - the technical side is much the same. Do people need to be Christian to find some help here for them as a webmaster? Certainly not. This site is not just about the technical - the "how-to" and "what-to". It is also about the "why-to". Hence, we are Christian Webmasters.

Peace!

Posted on: 2014/12/21 0:54
"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21
Transfer the post to other applications Transfer

You can view topic.
You cannot start a new topic.
You cannot reply to posts.
You cannot edit your posts.
You cannot delete your posts.
You cannot add new polls.
You cannot vote in polls.
You cannot attach files to posts.
You cannot post without approval.

[Advanced Search]

Bookmark and Share!